dirty haircut
I gave August her first haircut last Sunday. Up to now, I had only trimmed a little bit to avoid giving in completely to that baby mullet look. August sat in her bath and I snipped away slowly, creating a little pile of hair on the side of the tub. August watched with interest, but was continuing to play with her toys. I got a little impatient and started cutting faster, rogue strands of cut hair drifted down into her bath water. When quite a bit of hair was floating in her bath, she looked at it and said over and over, "Dirty, dirty..." Then she started crying, tears streaming down her face, all the while continuing her protesting. We had no idea she knew this word, "dirty", much less knew it well enough to use it in this new context. Holding back tears (of laughter) of our own, Anand plucked her out of her bath, and I refilled her bath with new, clean water. This was enough to placate August, but clearly, the haircut was over.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home