Friday, May 05, 2006

my peeps

Unlike her parents, August loves to remember people's names. She'll refer to all her favorite people throughout the week. When she sees the photo of grandma on the wall, she'll point to it enthusiastically and say her Chinese word for grandma. Day before yesterday, she met a 9 month old boy named Jason in the park. When she was leaving she waved and said, "Bye Jason!" Jason's parents were thrilled. Yesterday, when August was leaving school, she ran and caught up to another 20 month old and said, "Bye Sky!" Sky's father was very pleased and remarked, "Wow, the kids already know each other's names!" This morning, when August was leaving for school she said she wanted to see Michelle. Then she thoughtfully added, "Michelle, Hugh". We saw them for dinner 6 days ago, but she's still thinking about them. Then tonight over dinner, she stole Anand's phone. When I asked her who she was calling, she said, "Ryan". She knows 3 Ryans. She needs to work on last names.

2 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a little extrovert you have! :)

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Connie said...

Anne,

I hope not, I don't have the energy for continuous contact sports! The 30 minute drive to your house, where I can cheer on Batman-Nicholas is more my cup of tea. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home