Wednesday, September 27, 2006

bon mot

Something clicked during our trip through New York, Bombay, Kerala, & Paris. The verbal floodgates in August's mind were opened. Maybe it was the 24/7 parental contact for 4 weeks that did it. Uh huh, that must be it.

August talks in complete sentences now and just loves to throw in the casual bon mot. For example:

Example 1
[August is helping me rock the chair and then suddenly pinches me.]
Me: Don't pinch me!
August: I'm just helping you sit down.

Example 2
[Halfway through the early morning run to the park in the jogging stroller]
August: I don't want to be cold.

Example 3
Me: What did you do today? Did you play with Audrey?
August: Audrey took off my pants. Then I took off Audrey's pants.
Me: That sounds like fun.
August: Carson took off my pants. Then he took off his own pants.

Example 4
Me: August, say happy birthday to Mitchell!
August: [to Mitchell's mom] I have a present for Mitchell.
August: [handing a wrapped gift to Mitchell] This is for you!

Example 5
Anand: August, say bye-bye to Mama.
August: Bye-bye Mama, I'm going to school!

Example 6
August: No!
Me: Yes!
August: No!
Me: Yes!
August No!
Me: Yes!
August: No, 40 times!
Anand: Haha! Hahaha!

As you can see, she's not the parrot she used to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home