please, may I have some more?
August refuses to drink unadulterated water. Typically, she drinks about 2 oz of juice for every 4-5 oz. of water and simply refuses to drink anything more diluted. This weekend we banned all juice and only offered milk or water. She disliked water so much, that she threw her sippy cups. In fact, she disliked it so much, she asked for milk for the first time ever, since we weren't offering juice. She usually asks for "juice" and then accepts the milk if it's given in place of juice. This went on for over 48 hours. After noticing that her wet diapers were quite different, I felt I had to resume the juicy water and so I did. But then at lunch, I decided to try something new. I brought out the sterling silver cup (a gift I had put away since it doesn't tolerate the dishwasher) and poured myself some water. She noticed the shiny cup right away and said, "want this." I told her she wouldn't want it, it's water. But she insisted, so I slid the cup in front of her. She said, "thank you," and gave me a big smile right before she downed the water. She slammed the cup down when she had finished and I told her she was done. She looked frantic, "want this," she said. "All done, " I reminded her. "More," she said hopefully. "More?" I asked. "Please," she added. I wondered to myself, "now, where did she learn to say please?" Six "please's" later, August had a very damp shirt and a belly that hung over her leggings.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home