Tuesday, March 13, 2007

diplomacy

Anand says I "mess" with August's head. I think it's great that she won't let me do it for very long. When she had just turned two, I told August that I was August and Dada was Mama. She looked confused for about 30 seconds but then she caught on to the game.

This past weekend I asked her the following:
Connie: Who do you like better, Mama or Dada?
August: Dada!
Connie: I'm very sad that you said that.
August: I like Mama better.
Connie: First you said Dada. So which one is it? Do you like me better or Dada?
August: [very long pause] I like Mama and Dada.

Two days later:
Connie: What's prettier, short hair or long hair?
August: Short hair is prettier.
Connie: Who has long hair?
August: Mama.
Connie: Who has short hair?
August: Dada
Connie: Who has prettier hair, Mama or Dada?
August: Ummmmm, Spiderman!

1 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie hates to be pinned down with questions like that. She will usually answer evasively to avoid slighting someone. Usually. But when she's mad she has no qualms about saying how much she dislikes you. She calls me "Stupid old guy." I think she picked that up at school, maybe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home